Bursa Culture, Arts and Tourism Foundation (BCATF) began to carry out its activities since January 1st, 1988. Until then these activities were carried out by a committee within the Municipal body. In order to perform Bursa festivals in a more systematic way, to contribute forming a common city culture and develop fellow citizenship awareness and to present arts and cultural activities to citizens in time and place that are proper to traditional texture of the city; under the leadership of Governorship of Bursa and Bursa Metropolitan Municipality BCATF began its official life. BCATF was founded in 1988 by 89 artist, businessmen and women, government employees, academics and presidents of associations. Since then, BCATF has been one of the significant actors of Bursa’s culture, art and tourism scene.
Every year, hundreds of artists, singers, bands participate in these festivals and meet thousands of audience. The popularity of the festivals and activities, number of participants has been increasing and so the audience has been expanding. Besides, these activities along with designed and produced souvenirs by the BCATF contribute to introduction and promotion of the city.
Bursa Culture, Art and Tourism Foundation
- Days of Bursa Conquest (1996)
- The Festival of Independence of Bursa (1996)
- European Films Festival (1996)
- Bursa Literature Days (1996)
- Bursa Cinema Festival (2000)
- Bursa Mysticism Symposium (2002)
- Bursa International Silk Road Film Festival (2006)
BCATF has begun to realize these activities in corresponding years.Ongoing activities…
- International Bursa Festival
- International Golden Karagöz Folk Dance Competition
- International Bursa Children and Youth Theatre Festival
- Bursa International Karagoz, Puppet and Shadow Play Festival
- Bursa Photography Days
- Works on Evaluation and Development of Traditional Arts and Crafts
- Theatre plays
- Periodical Concerts
BCATF has realized many more successful arts and cultural activities like these and continue to do so.Gains of Bursa through the BCATF
- Karagöz Folk Dance Society 1988
- Bursa Metropolitan Municipality City Theatre 1995
- Bursa Region, State Symphony Orchestra 1996
- Museum of Karagöz House 1998
- 22nd Century Schools Building 2013
Our Cause of Existence
- To contribute forming a common city culture and develop fellow citizenship awareness,
- To present arts and cultural activities to citizens in time and place that are proper to traditional texture of the city.
- To reflect the CURATIVE POWER OF ART by adding new and developing ongoing festivals in parallel with the city’s developing cultural supply,
- To contribute sharing cultural values and fusion of societies coming from different countries and cultures with the BONDING POWER OF ARTS
- To convey the DEVELOPING POWER OF ART to society via authentic and innovative projects realized worldwide.
- To form common universal values.
Our Service Policy
- We care to contribute intercultural friendship and peace in all our work,
- We reach out to all parts of society,
- We care about honesty and trust,
- We work in solidarity,
- We convey art to society with an aim to continuous development and improvement,
- Our doors are open to everyone.